This type of testing is performed to ensure that all the necessary
components of the application are indeed installed and all the
installed features and options function properly. It is also performed
to verify that Installation testing should take care of the following
1. Installer should give a default installation path say “C:\programs\.”
2. Installer should allow user to install at location other then the default installation path.
3. Installation should start automatically when the CD is inserted.
4. Installer should give the remove / Repair options.
5. When uninstalling, check that all the registry keys, files, Dll, shortcuts, active X components are removed from the system.
6. Try to install the software without administrative privileges (login as guest).
7. Try installing on different operating system.
8. Try installing on system having non-compliant configuration such as less memory / RAM / HDD.