One of the most likely .NET interview questions
asked in the interview, so you should include the following points in your answers.
Similarities between classes and structures: -
- Both can have constructors, methods, properties, fields, constants, enumerations, events, and event handlers.
- Structures and classes can implement interface.
- Both of them can have constructors with and without parameter.
Both can have delegates and events.
Key differences are: -
- Structures are value types and classes are reference types. So structures use stack and classes use heap.
- Structures members cannot be declared as protected, but class members can be. You cannot do inheritance in structures.
- Structures do not require constructors while classes require.
- Objects created from classes are terminated using Garbage collector. Structures are not destroyed using GC.
Following you can see video on regular expressions with some practical demonstrations: -
Please click here to see more .NET interview questions
Visit Authors blog for more .NET interview questions